ADB – Japan Full Scholarship Program for Developing Country Students 2016/2017 Academic Session. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) – Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan.
It aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
Government of Japan is pleased to offer ADB-Japan scholarship program for students in 2016-2017 academic session. Scholarships will be awarded to undertake postgraduate studies. It aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries* to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
Location: Scholarship can be taken at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
Type: Full Scholarship.
Type: Full Scholarship.
Developing member countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Hong Kong, China, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, the Republic of Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Taipei,China, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam
ADB – JAPAN FULL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The ADB-JSP provides:
- full tuition fees
- a monthly subsistence and housing allowance
- an allowance for books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- A national of an ADB borrowing member (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
- Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Staff of the JSP designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosenAcademic Institution(s). Applicants should indicate to the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. The completed Institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution. Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation. [Procedures for Applying]
Send applications for scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time that applicants wish to commence studies. Please refer to the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions.
Deadline: March 31, 2016
If you have any question regarding ADB-Japan Scholarship Program, please contact +632 636 2444 and email contact form.
Visit official website: http://www.adb.org/site/careers/japan-scholarship-program/main